Thursday, September 11, 2008

Texas Hurricane

Brazoria County, Texas is the county of my birth. It also happens to be home to more than twenty members of my extended family. Some of my family members have gone to Houston, but that may not be far enough. And, as of today, some of my family members have made the choice to shelter in place. I am hoping they will obey the mandatory evacuation order I just saw, but I haven't talked to anyone since about 6:30 this evening. Needless to say, I am having myself a little freak-out. It is my opinion that I have suffered quite enough loss and grief this year, but it is possible that God has different plans. Please pray for my loved ones, that they will all make it through this storm unharmed. Please pray especially for my great uncle Ken in Houston, who is blind and quite frail. Also say a special prayer for my cousin Julie who is an ICU nurse in Houston.
Thanks y'all.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Why don't they come to your house and eat off your floor?

Jackie said...

Oh wow, I hope everyone of your family, and everyone else's family is okay. Keep us posted. :o)

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

HOLY COW that storm packed a whallop!! Everyone okay? Update please!!!