Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Holy Cow!!!

No, I am not describing myself in the title, but I might as well be. After nearly suffering heart failure from the number on my scale earlier this week, I zipped (barely) myself into my too snug teacher skirt and waddled off to school. About twenty minutes later, Prankster came in and said "I'm going to join Weight Watchers. This week! Do you want to go with me?" Well of course I do!!! It is either that or wire my jaws shut.
So, our first meeting was tonight. Hello, I weigh 4.8 pounds less than I did when I gave birth to Little Runner Girl. And my scale at home? The one that nearly caused my coronary? It is such a liar! Oh my stars and garters!!!!! No wonder none of my clothes fit me!
Oh, and my favorite thing to eat at Taco Bell (Nachos Bell Grande) is actually one point more than I should be eating for the whole day!!!! Aaaaaaggghhh!
The leader chick also chose to use a Snickers bar as an example, at which point Prankster smacked my leg and said "See! I told you those are bad!"
So, armed with determination, recipes and points books we headed out to the parking lot. And decided the day was over anyway, so we might as well make one last trip to Taco Bell. Aren't we just the queens of willpower?
P.S. Don't tell Prankster, but I also had a Snickers bar after dinner. I'm not feeling guilty about it because I would bet my tootbrush she had vodka for dessert.

2 comments:

Eric Francis said...

I heart Prankster. Her ritualistic abuse of you makes me laugh. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Susan said...

Do I want to know what a tootbrush is?