Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ouch!

Last Saturday morning, Little Runner Girl's basketball team went up against one of the two most dreaded teams in our league. You may be wondering how tough an 8th grade girls basketball team can be. Well, here is a bit of trivia for you. Joe Kleine's daughter happens to be in 8th grade. As in used-to-play-for-the-Celtics, etc. Joe Kleine. And her Daddy just happens to be the coach. Needless to say, we lost and it was not pretty. I am proud to say that Little Runner Girl made 4 of our wonderful 6 points. Final score...24-6.
So what could be worse than playing against a team coached by a professional basketball player? The Dragons. These girls come from a small school in a not great part of town with a tiny run-down gym. These girls just slaughter us. These girls slaughter all the other teams in our league. I'm not sure what they feed these Dragons, but I wouldn't be surprised if it involved human sacrifice.
Final score...47-6.
Ouch!!!

3 comments:

Eric Francis said...

I played intramural hoops in college and was on the wrong end of a couple of blowouts. I know the temptation in these situations is to encourage them to just do their best, have fun, blah blah blah, but I think a more effective comment would be, "At least you're not old enough to go on a drinking binge after a spanking like that."

Or would that be an inappropriate response for 8th grade girls?

Susan said...

All of that REALLY sucks except for one important part. You got to sit through a game and look at Joe Klein. Yum. And if he had some silver hair? "Hi, I'm Susan. No, I don't have any kids at this school but I'm your assistant coach. Anything I can do for you?" Oh, YUM.

Angel said...

Susan love, in case you haven't noticed, I am exceedingly untall. Joe Kleine and I don't even inhabit the same altitude.