Thursday, November 13, 2008

No, I Don't Remember

The Saint and I have a bit of an age gap between us. Occasionally we have completely different memories of past events because we were at different stages in our lives. Kelly had a post today that reminded me of something that happened when we were dating. The Saint watched entirely too much television as a child and he loved watching the show "Dark Shadows". He would reference this show sometimes or mention a character and I had no idea what he was talking about. He could not believe I didn't remember this show. In fact, he insisted I would remember if I just thought about it.

One day we were digging around in a used book store and came across an old entertainment magazine. The Saint showed me the cover excitedly and said "See! This show! Remember!" I looked at the date on the cover and pointed out, very sweetly, that it had been published the year before I was born.

Really dear, I swear I don't remember!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OUCH! BURN! HA HA HA HA HA!

Susan said...

Busted, Mr. H!!! That's hysterical!